Monday, April 28, 2008

Speaking of Woofing

I just wanted to point out that I saw three teams win Game Three at home this weekend and act like they just cured the common cold. The Mavericks, Wizards, and Raptors all managed to avoid getting swept and then stomped around the court, waving their arms, and pounding their chests. In each instance, I marvelled at how much they thought of themselves for doing so little. The expression "act like you've been there before" came to mind.

Perhaps not surpisingly, each of these three teams got smacked down on their own home courts in the following Game Fours. The Raptors got pulvarized down the stretch, the Wizards lost to the "overrated" LeBron James and the Cavs, and the Mavs just rolled over and died.

But at least they all won a game, which is apparently all one must do these days in order to have a massive victory celebration.

Get em out!

4 comments:

Brandon said...

Speaking of woofing, declaring that Utah got lucky in Game 4 and then giving no explanation to back that up is kinda weak.

Adam Hoff said...

See below - that was a publishing error, whereby a 2,000-word post vanished into thin air. I think I may have hit the delete buttom right before hitting "publish." Anyway, once I realized, I didn't have the heart to rewrite the entire thing, so I just threw up some bullet points. But the premise was this: "Utah has been both good and lucky and that's why they are up 3-1."

Brandon said...

Fair enough. I apologize for jumping to the conclusion I did.

Adam Hoff said...

No worries - unfortunately the blog looked ridiculous for about 36 straight hours while I was offline, but oh well. What can you do.