Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A Section F Recap: Boston Celtics

Sometimes it is fun to go back and review how a team came together and emerged over the course of the season and it is even better when you can get it all through one lens. In case any of you out there feel like taking that journey Section F style, here are all of my posts about Boston over the past year, with annotations. Enjoy.

June 29, 2007 - Loving the draft-day trade for Ray Allen and wondering why more people weren't in my corner. I'm sure most pundits would deny this now, but that trade got crushed. Excuse me while I pat myself on the back, toot my own horn, and gloat, all at once.

July 30, 2007 - Pushing for the KG trade, predicting almost the exact lineup they rolled out in the Finals, and even promising a Finals trip out of the deal. I was kind of on a roll last summer, I have to say.

August 1, 2007 - Looking at Boston's roster needs right after the KG deal. This is a good reminder that nobody had any confidence whatsoever in the Celtics' bench. Also, it is a good reminder that Posey was just about left for dead before coming to Boston.

August 2, 2007 - Some serious praise for Rajon Rondo. This is one of my favorite columns in the blog's history. Mainly because I love Rondo in a way that is probably unhealthy. And because I was right.

October 29, 2007 - Ignore most of my predictions, but note that I had the C's winning it all. Insert feather in cap.

November 14, 2007 - My first look at the C's in 2007-08. Let's just say I was impressed.

December 30, 2007 - I got very excited after Boston notched road wins at Utah and L.A. to close out 2007.

Jaunary 31, 2008 - More Rondo love. Get used to it.

April 18, 2008 - I guess I got tired of Boston for a few months, but when it came time to pick a champ at the beginning of the playoffs, I stuck with the Celts.

April 24, 2008 - My love for Rondo grew to the point where I was writing about him after watching Phoenix games.

May 15, 2008 - More Rondo!

The rest of the stuff comes from the Finals and can be found in the June archives.

1 comment:

Schumanji said...

I love your love for Rondo, because he really doesn't seem to be getting the amount of praise that he deserves. I don't watch a great deal of the NBA but every Boston game I saw this season I was amazed with Rondo's overall abilities. Awesome.