Monday, May 12, 2008

A Simple Request

I've made no secret of the fact that I don't much like Kobe Bryant (who I believe is selfish and contrived) and that I'm beyond sick of the San Antonio Spurs, so this post probably comes to the surprise of no one. But I have one simple request for these playoffs: give me Deron Williams vs. Chris Paul.

I can take or leave the Celtics and Cavs. I don't care that much about the Pistons or Magic. But man, oh man, I REALLY want Utah and New Orleans to meet in the Western Conference Finals.

Can you imagine Williams and Paul going head-to-head for somewhere between four and seven games? In New Orleans (a new basketball madhouse) and Utah? The #3 pick going against the #4 pick? The two best point guards in the world right now? Williams' power and decision-making and deep stroke against Paul's speed and feel and ridiculous handle?

Sign me up right now.

No comments: