Monday, November 06, 2006

Wrapping up the NBA Preview: Western Conference

Over at WhatifSports, my buddy Jack and I compiled complete Western and Eastern Conference Previews that you should definitely read if you have an extra hour or seven.

Because those two documents ran over 6,000 words in length, we decided to spare the world a third edition and post our Playoff and Award predictions here.

Here are the Western Conference playoff picks:

Adam:
1. Dallas
2. San Antonio
3. L.A. Clippers
4. Utah
5. Phoenix
6. Houston
7. L.A. Lakers
8. Denver

Under this scenario, I would have Dallas over Denver, Spurs over Lakers, Houston over the Clips, and Phoenix over Utah. I think the Suns and Rockets are both teams that will be very dangerous low seeds come April.

In the second round I would go with Dallas over Phoenix and Houston over San Antonio, with Houston knocking off the Mavs and going to the Finals. I know it is bold, but why do this otherwise?

Jack:
1. Dallas
2. San Antonio
3. Phoenix
4. Utah
5. L.A. Clippers
6. Houston
7. L.A. Lakers
8. New Orleans

First Round: Mavs over Hornets, Lakers over the Spurs (I can dream), Rockets over the Suns, Clippers over the Jazz.

Second Round: Mavs over the Clips, Lakers over Houston

Conference Finals: Lakers over the Mavs

No comments: