Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Quick Baseball Post

I know I just got done saying that this was going to become a basketball only blog in any future versions, but I have to take a moment to point out the nights where Pepperdine alums Noah Lowry and Dan Haren both get W's. Haren continued his push for the AL Cy Young (he's winning on my ballot) by improving to 13-3 with a 2.44 ERA and Lowry continued his recent hot stretch by pitching in and out of trouble in route to a 3-1 victory over the Giants that upped his record to 12-7 and lowered his ERA to 3.32.

It seems like just yesterday I was spending lazy Friday afternoons at Eddy D. Field watching Haren and Lowry lead a Pepperdine team that won 50+ games. Basketball focus or not, I'm going to give these guys some love whenever they both win on the same night.

No comments: