Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Bayless = Monta Ellis?

So, we just had a baby girl which is very exciting, but also why the blog has dried up for the past week (and will remain so for another week, I would venture). But between changing diapers and swaddling blankets, I wanted to note that my Blazers are looking very smart indeed for their draft day moves that brought Jerryd Bayless to the Rose City. Of course, everyone pretty much assumed that anyway since Pritchard is a draft witch and I pretty much assumed it since I had Bayless #3 on my list of available prospects in this year's draft ... but it's nice to see some proof. Bayless is destroying the Vegas Summer League right now and looking like Monta Ellis with better defensive awareness and effort. He has the same limited "pure point guard" instincts, but I'm just not concerned about that with Brandon Roy (and Rudy Fernandez) on the floor. I mean, if Portland could have snagged Ellis this summer and paid up the rate of the #11 pick in the draft, how do you think the rest of the league would have felt? I suspect we might be about to find out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Many, many blessings on your new arrival - how happy your family must be!

On the basketball front, I am concerned that Oden is not yet ready to play. What do you know?

Laurence

Anonymous said...

The plan all along has been to have Oden ready by September and as far as I know he's still ahead of schedule.